Copenhagen Climate Conference to Create Huge Carbon Footprint

The U.N. estimates the 12-day conference will create 40,584 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents, roughly the same amount as the carbon emissions of Morocco in 2006.

Does this make any sense? Why not video conference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I quite agree. Most of these people spouting off about how much we need to change our lifestyle (and pay dearly for that privilege) see nothing wrong with flying their own private jet, maintaining 3 or 4 mansions, etc, etc etc. I do not buy into the global warming/climate change stuff. I never have. I am even more skeptical now that has come out that the scientists who "proved" it were suppressing data, using cherry-picked data, bullying people who didn't agree, and so forth. The whole group of alarmists has lost any integrity it ever had, and anything that it promotes is suspect. The weather changes, always has, always will. We cannot control it. The ICCC needs to learn to deal with it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Because AAALLLLL the people going are a bunch of HYPOCTRITES! Except maybe Ed Bagely jr if he goes! They all live in HUGE houses, sometimes 2 or 3 HUGE houses, own fleets of cars, have private jets ect ect ect......They leave a huge carbon foot print every day, but they want me and others who are on modest to low incomes to pay out the yin yang in taxes and conserve while they do whatever!! I will take climate change and the precariousness of our earth seriously when those spouting the condition do!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The carbon footprint from the hate spewed by the same 10 people on here is larger than anything that can happen at Copenhagen.

Either carbon footprints and global warnings are a farce or they are not. Make up your mind. Don't decide it is when it is something you do not agree with and it is not when it is also something you do not agree with.
    Anonymous

• It is a damn farce the climate is always changing and this cap and trade garbage is just to help line their pockets and gain more control...I'll lay off for now as some are soon to be losing their religion
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Anon...I am not at all sure what you are talking about. I believe that THESE people are trying to convince everyone that we are crisis stage and that we need to start taxing people and everyone BUT THEM needs to conserve. They are hypocrites. At no point did I say I agree with them. I dont. I think its all a load of horse hockey. But if THESE idiots getting together in Copenhagen want to rail against people and say that all the bad countries need to pay up because this crap is true MAYBE they should give up all their LUXERIES first....THEN I MIGHT believe them!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If global warming is real, the attendees of the conference are hypocrites.

If global warming is false, the attendees are liars.

Take your pick.

Anonymous

• Gotcha!~ Thanks :) and YES I agree!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• The name is Ed BEGLEY JR and he does his best. He rides a bike, he uses solar panels, etc. and I think he is sincere. But maybe you don't like him. Big deal. It doesn't matter. But at least spell his name correctly.Einstien.
    Anonymous

• Um, anon :54, I think she said he is sincere about his efforts. I think she made the point that he seems to be the only one who practices what he preaches unlike the attendees. Maybe you should learn to read - Einstien wanna-be.
    Anonymous

His name is Albert Einstein. At least spell his name correctly, idiot.

Anonymous