My 3 year old has NO interest in the potty!

My son is going to be 3 in January, and will go on the potty occasionally, when he feels like it. I have tried every tip and trick in the book- he doesn't care if he's wet, he'd rather sit in his own poop than go on the potty or get his diaper changed. My question is- should I worry? Anyone else out there have a boy who just refused to potty train? (If I was a SAHM I'd just let him run around naked, but he's in daycare 5 hours a day!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My youngest showed no interest until he turned three, and even now almost 6 months later he's hit and miss with pooping on the potty. He'll do it for a few days, then regress for a few weeks and poop in his underwear. Honestly I wouldn't worry, he could just not be ready, and if you try forcing the issue it'll just be a never ending battle. Maybe back off for a bit and come back in a couple months and see if he's ready then.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• ok so what I am about to say may sound odd but it worked for me.......so we live in the country and my son was always telling me to look at his pee pee I told him no everytime until he asked me to touch it then I said ok its time to potty train u so.......I tryed everyting to do with the potty and nothing worked then my brother in law told me that he learned by peeing on car tires lol it sounds bad I know but I told him to try it and he was scared the first couple times and then he stared to go so .......we moved from the tires to the porch and he that it was so much fun......then from the porch to the big potty and he got his aim really good from peeing in one spot on the tires that he went just like that but I did have to leave the room anyways its worth a try I dont have to hear my son complain about his pee pee anymore and he doesn't drink anything after dinner so at night he does not pee the bed or if he does drink
    armywife6628

Answer by armywife6628 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• something I just wake him up around midnight or 1ish and take him to the potty he is 3 and has been potty trained since 2.....good luck!
    armywife6628

Answer by armywife6628 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• oh yea and about the pooping thing I tell my son if he dont poop on the potty he cant go to school and play with his friends cus only big boys do that and he gets it and goes!
    armywife6628

Answer by armywife6628 at 12:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009