I feel like trash. I really need encouragement,

My parents molested me, my half brother raped my sis, which I turned him in for. I dont have any family to talk to except my husbands. I feel that becasue of them I am looked down to. I usually am strong about this but today I am having a hard time. When people know who my parents are or my brother I know they think things about me. I am completely different, I have morals, am a good mom and wife.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Honestly if anyone would know about it, and mention it to me, I'd say something along the lines of, "My family is a little messed up, but I don't condone their actions, and I am not like them. Do not judge me for their mistakes." or just tell them it's really none of their business, and you'd rather not talk about it because it brings back bad memories, or that it makes you uncomfortable to talk about. Or ignore them! Unless they're a friend, who cares what strangers think?
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• That what this website is for. venting and making you feel better
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP, you are your own person and you need to be thankful for that. You are not responsible for what your family did.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Maybe they are thinking I can't believe she is such a great person considering the environment she came from. I know I think that about certain people, they grew up with horrendous conditions and turned out to be such great people.. Hold your head high, you have beaten the cycle of abuse.
    Anonymous

• The sins of your family aren't your responsibility or fault. Who gives a s&^# what others think bout you? Their family skeletons are just buried deeper than yours but they all have em & some of theirs make yours look like a walk in the park (not putting down ANYTHING you've been thru, just saying some have it worse). Remember that those who spend time judging you are doing so to take the focus of the judging they should be doing to themselves. I'll say it again, the sins of your family aren't your responsibilty or fault.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009