what do you do when in need of help?

i'm in need of help for christmas (as i'm sure a lot of you are) my husband is debating on kicking us out (i'm stalling that one or trying to till summer) . My problem is i can't ask anyone for help be it in a post in the main journals or groups or another site, i'm always afraid someone will bash me for being in need as they do many other ladies. yeah i know there are plenty of scammers hince another reason i'm afraid to ask for help. my husband promised he loved me and the kids would have the best christmas untill a few nights ago , and this is past the due date to ask for help at all the local charitys. does anyone know of anything i could do to fix this mess i'm in? i want to thank all who reply with any advice in advance. oh i almost forgot , i can't get a job right now becuase my son has med problems which make it hard to send him to school so i homeschool and can't get a job because of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• most church groups can steer you in the right direction.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i ditto the above

good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• First he can't kick you out of your own home. He'd have to evict you legally and that takes time and he'd have to get an ok from the judge and that won't happen. Next, take this time to teach your kids that xmas isn't just about toys. I dont buy gifts for my grandkids but I give them my time and we build memories. Depending on their age I do things they like, read them a book, bake cookies with them, play cards or board games. They won't remember the toys they get years from now but they will remember spending time with just me. You can do the same thing. Giving is from the heart not the wallet. Maybe you can volunteer with your kids to show them what giving is really about.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• the thing is, it IS his house. we didn't buy it together i've been here 4 years he's been here well over 10 with two other women (one of who is now dead) and my kids are older so they know about the toys and stuff , it's not like they are 3 and younger no they are 6 and older (the oldest being 12) so to them right now toys are the "it" thing about christmas... which sucks because they've always had a decent about to open for christmas over the years and before i met my husband. so i hate being the bad mom and not have anything for them , let along not having a house for them (imagen not having a house, your daddy whom you've had for 5 years and no toys fo christmas, it's gotta suck for them and i feel like the worst parent in the world because of this.
    Anonymous

• Contact a local women's shelter....it sounds like you might need it sooner rather than later and they can get you connected.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• One other resource...211 on your phone. It's a nationwide hotline to hook you up with social services in your area.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009