Diaper Bags?

I am starting to look at diaper bags. Does anyone have any recommedations of some nice ones? I am willing to spend up to $500 for a really nice one, if it's worth it. The idea is to get one I can use for the baby on the way and her future sibling :)

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 4:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know designers like coach, and D&B make them, and i hvae heard very good reports on them.

i wasnt able to spen the money to get a good one w my first, and have gone through probably 8 bags in 2 years at this point. its well worth it to get a good one upfront. i told my husband i am setting aside money to buy a nice one this time lol.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• http://www.ju-ju-be.com/

I got a ju ju be diaper bag for my baby shower. I LOVE it! it has memory foam in the arm so it molds to your shoulder. The diaper changing pad is also memory foam incase you have to change baby on a hard surface! Its insulated it has a mommy pocket and all kinds of stuff
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 5:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i think you could get an excellent diaper bag for $100 and then donate the $400 to charity. $500 seems ridiculous for a bag...? :)
    Anonymous

• holy crap$500?????!!! (sorry....)

I got an awesome jolly jumper diaper bag when I had my first. make sure you get one that has snappable straps on the ends so you can attach it to the stroller. instead of having to loop the whole strap over the handlebar.

then got a smaller one when she got older.

still use that same bag for in the car as the "cover my ass bag" with extra stuff for the kids.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Thanks for some of the good advise :) I just want to make sure I get a nice one that has everything I will need. Its my first pregnancy, so I feel a little lost on all this stuff!
    lkuhn

Answer by lkuhn at 5:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I love Fleurville diaper bags.  My favorite style is the Lexie Tote and it runs around $150.  I also really like diaper bags that look more like purses.  Here's a nice selection.  Celebraties love the Mia Bossi that runs around $390 and you'll find it on that last link listed.  Here are a few tips for finding the perfect diaper bag.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Holy crap that is alot of money for a diaper bag. sorry, I didn't realize you could spend that much on a diaper bag.
    Anonymous

• Dang my kids must have been deprived because all they got were cheap $30 Graco diaper bags! But they held up and my kids didnt seem to mind what their damn diaper bags looked like!!

$500 for a diaper bag? Come on... are you serious???
    Anonymous

• $500 are you serious? for a bag???????? it will get dirty and stained. welcome to mommyhood, where you will learn not to spend so much money on a diaper bag!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I got lots of compliments on a bag I got from Target, for around $30. It didn't even look like a diaper bag. It's still in great shape to use for my next child on the way. It seems rather pointless to spend a ton of money on a bag. But if you're into the vanity thing.....
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009