Potty training?? Can i be any more lost??

My son will be 3 on Feb 1st and still refuses to leave his diaper. he is off the bottle and uses a regular cup and is very healthy and is not a picky eater at all and i have never had a problem with him except this.. ive tried so hard to potty train playing games ,rewarding, buyin his adored spiderman underwear, even tried pull ups for awhile.. but i cannot get him to meet me halfway! he will tell me after he poops that he has poop, and just goes and changes himself if he wets himself! His dad is not around(and wont be for while) and really doesnt have any male interaction besides my dad once a week..could that be the problem?? SOMEBODY HELP!!

fatboysmommy

Asked by fatboysmommy at 5:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just let it go. My oldest son potty trained at 3 1/2 and my 2nd son potty trained at 21mo. I didn't potty train them they did it themselves. Most I did was added potty books to our bedtime routine
    Anonymous

• A man being around is not the problem. Even if a man is around the vast majority don't do potty training or even modeling. Single mom's don't have more problems then married moms.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• when you figure it out please let me know
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 6:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Get rid of the diapers completely (except at night). Go right to undies. He'll get it in a few days. Use m&ms as a reward. Be very positive. He'll have a lot of accidents the first day, then get better after that. His age will help you. He's old enough to feel it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I would make sure he comes in the bathroom when you have to go and tell him Mommy has to go Potty Show him that it's exciting, then ask if he wants to go on, If he does not do not force him just say okay maybe next time then when he goes on reward him with a treat or sticker just for sitting on the potty,after he goes on the potty without a fight, try to get rid of the diapers put him in underwear, if he has an accident put him on the potty and let him know that is where big boys go potty and make it fun
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 11:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009