Moms aged 18-25 do you ever go out on weekends? Get drunk?

I'm a 20 year old mom, who used to go out everyweekend - get drunk, have a great time with friends and be silly.
But since having my daughter I don't do any of that stuff and I just don't WANT to - I feel like I've out-grown it, and I'm losing touch with all my friends because we haven't got all the same things in common anymore (they don't have babies)

anyother young moms like this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is two now and i had him right after I turned 22.. i used to go out a lot more..I was never really into it.... but my social life is pretty slim now...especially since im still in school full time....i just don't have the time, desire or friend base to do that anymore.

I agree with you I just grew out of it and most of my "party" friends don't have kids and we just don't have anything in common anymore.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well I never got the chance to be like that. I have no friends really. So of course I don't go out every weekend. As for getting drunk, I have only been drunk once.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Welcome to Mommywood. I am glad you no longer need to "party and get drunk", isn't it great what motherhood can do for us. I (a long time ago) would be the fun girl on the weekend. After we got married, it was no longer something I needed to do. I think we are trying to fulfil something in us when we do that and after we get married or have babies we find out what that fullfillment was.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I think it's the same at ANY age... Before I got pregnant at 37, I still had a pretty active social life, but that all changed after I had my son. I don't have the desire or the energy to stay up till all hours, and as for alcohol, haven't touched it since I got pregnant. I also find I don't really have anything in common any more with friends who don't have kids (some exceptions, but in general). We're just not interested in the same things anymore. I don't want to hear about the last rave they went to, and they don't want to hear about diaper rash, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I was 16 when i found out I was pregnant so I didnt have tooo much of my party life before and yes on the weekends I do go out and yes have gone out and gotten drunk with my friends. My son is always in good hands when I do. I dont drink much but I do go out and still DO maintain a social life. My friends love my son though =0)
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 6:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Nah. I'm 21 and I've lost pretty much all my friends this year. Only one of them has a kid, she had hers in October 08 and I had mine in December 08. We stay in touch on FB but she lives a good 45 minutes away from me, so we never see each other. We have to remember that that lifestyle is unhealthy if done for too long. If your friends don't want to stay around you because you won't party with them...fuck 'em. They're not worth it in the end. My truest friends have stayed in touch with me and visited me even though I'm now a "degenerate" mother in their eyes. At least people like you and me are working towards bettering the future instead of living the high life with alcohol, drugs, and sex.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm kind of laughing here, because I'm just waiting for my sister to call so I can drop my kids off with her for the weekend because we have two Christmas parties this weekend. And I'm 35! It's not like I do it every weekend, but occasionally I like to be kid-free and let loose a little bit.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yeah, im 22 and my son is 6 months old. before i got pregnant, i went out every weekend and got drunk with my friends. since ive had my son, i have went out a few times but when i do go out, i dont go out until after my son is sleeping, around ten thirty eleven and he stays with my mom. but only once or twice a month i was going out, until a couple months ago when it started to cause problems with my SO because of jealousy, and so we dont go out anymore. every couple of weeks we get a hotel room with a whirl pool in it and some drinks and we have fun just me and him for the night. thats about it. for the most part i like to be home with my family now and yeah i definatly have lost touch with most of my friends. i only see them every once in a while, or i talk to them on facebook. but most of them have kids too actually.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I am the EXACT same way!!! There are some moms on my facebook who I used to be good friends with, and they're always commenting on their status' how drunk they were or how they're going out -which is pretty much every weekend! I don't know how they do it! I used to be all for the party's, getting drunk every weekend etc. Well since my son's been born I went out to the bars a total of 2 times!! Yup, once for my birthday and once for my BFF's bachelorette party. Don't feel bad. They are the ones that look bad.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oh, I'm 22 and my son is 21 months old. And I've only been away from him overnight ONCE! And that was on my wedding night!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 6:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009