Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to stop these burst of extreme anger or sadness?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • 1st identify what's causing that emotion. Is it something you can get rid of or avoid? If not look @ why it makes you feel that way. Make sure you're not suffering from ppd. Make a concious decision to control your emotions, not let them control you. When you feel yourself getting upset remind yourself you're in control, take 5 deep breaths. If that doesn't work then walk away from it for a bit until you feel calmer. Recognize that after having a baby your hormones take a while to return to normal. If this doens't help seek counseling.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • The anger part, I have learned that most of the time it doesn't matter if I am angry over the situation or not, it will not change what has already happened and I try to refocus on fixing the situation.
    The sadness part, you just have to work at recognizing when you are heading there and try to avoid what is drawing you towards the sadness. Go for a walk or call a friend or get on CM. I use to bake alot when I was getting sad , it helped and the neighbors loved it. They got alot of treats.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Depending on what state you live in I would seriously look into medical marijuana. It has been getting very popular in many states and can treat what you are talking about well. You can get a prescription from a dispensary which you can google or find in the phonebook probably.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.