al-Qaida kills 8 times more Muslims than non Muslims.

http://www.ctc.usma.edu/Deadly%20Vanguards_Complete_L.pdf

If this is the case, why don't the Muslim people crush this group of terrorists?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 6:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• But its kind of like in the ghettos. If the people wouldn't put up with the lowest elements behavior then it would clean up. Outside sources can not fix these problems, the people living in them have too. Many bad areas of cities have been cleaned up when that community took charge. That's what needs to happen here.

Anonymous

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Because they don't have the means to? I mean, shit, how long have we been there now? I don't really see us having much luck crushing them either, do you?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Anon, I totally agree with you.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Answered at 6:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 by:

* Anouck

Anouc...
    Because they don't have the means to? I mean, shit, how long have we been there now? I don't really see us having much luck crushing them either, do you?

now this is a question worth answering........the problem does lie in not having the means to overcome.... it's sad that muslims who try to adhere to the religion and obey... get stopped by those who wish to do what they want.... muslims don't tend to have bombs or guns or even any self defense techniques and are very powerless against muslims who have those things.... it's so sad... that muslims are kiling muslims ... much like black on black crime....or white on white crime.. or chrisitian on christian crime.... but this comes from the divide and conquer old mentality. it truly works. many things through the world have been instituted to support this mentality from outside of the community
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• many muslims would love to be able to stop this type of violence because the reality is that many muslims die at the hands of other muslims (who i believe not to be muslim at all)...... however they claim they are..... I don't regret one minute converting to islam even through all these hardships and everything that has gone on.....I do hope and pray that the situation around the world changes for all of us..... Every human being has the right to live life free from chaos and destruction..... how can the muslim stop it? .... so many muslim leaders have tried calling the people back to obeying God and following the instructions and leaving peacefully but there are those that are hell bent on destroying others by any means necessary ...... so everybody gets caught up..... and they do not care that you also believe in Allah.......they see many muslims as enemies based on differences of belief and power , nationality.... sad
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I was thinking about this earlier when reading through Qs about terrorists attacking US. They seem to attack those of their OWN faith way more often! Its crazy! I think Aa has a good point. But it does seem like if more of the religious LEADERS got together and took a HUGE stand on this it might really help!! The central focus of the terrorists is the twisted version of the Koran....maybe if more leaders stepped up and said no thats not right...it would help. Maybe not...but maybe.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• with that being said now i think i'll go read the article.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Aasiyah, I was reading not to long ago about a group of Muslims that are very openly against this type of behavior. I cannot remember the group name or where I read it.

I think your the people of your faith would find loads of tolerance and not so much skepticism if more of them moved to bring this under control.

If there were groups of christians as globally violent as these I would be squealing off with their heads. It just isn't right.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• MOM......you touched on a very interesting point.

The Prophet peace be upon him ordered for there to be one islamic nation (ummah in arabic) and that leader is supposed to rule by islamic law and be very pious and fair and just .....however the people took to separation and making many leaders..... and that is exactly where the problem lies also...... one leadership verses many who usally end up competing, falling pray to corruption, change and greed.

There has been a call for one leadership but it has been rejected... by those who refuse to submit.... the people can only do but so much no matter how much lead they have. as it stands every muslim nation has a diffferent way of leading there fore the people also separate and follow differently. and everyone is claiming something different....
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009