how do you deal with depression after birth?

PinkPineApple25

Asked by PinkPineApple25 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• exercise. and a little alcohol on the weekends
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• exercise is good, not the alcohol. try therapy or if youre religious, read your bible. surround yourself with good friends and family. I went through it, its tough, but if you have good support, you'll get through it.
    Anonymous

• You can recognize that it's common and that it will go away. Try to do things to lessen depression. Get sunlight. Exercise and eat well. Socialize even if you don't feel like it. Get help with the house. Find someone to talk to.

Some women find drugs help. Depression can be treated without weaning.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I had it really bad, but I had my first baby 8 months ago and its completely gone...it gets better. She's starting to be mobile and interactive, I'm having a lot of fun. Being a parent is tough but just make the best of it. I excercise everyday and eat healthy, my boyfriend bought a nice camera this summer so I'm having fun taking pictures of her and scrapbooking..find something to keep you busy =) Keep your family close, try talking to a doctor if it gets worse...it should get better
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 6:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Well mine got to the level and length of time of needing medication.

But going on walks and hanging out with other moms also really helped, and doc wanted me to do those things just as seriously as taking the meds.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2009