Are we getting just a bit too judgemental here?

I just saw a question in General Parenting. The asker said her friend hovered over her baby, never ever let him cry, DH sleeps on couch while she sleeps with baby etc. One of the ladies who answered suggested the OP call CPS on the woman. Claimed in her op the woman in question was a "nut case". Now I ask you, who is the bigger nut case!?!? I cannot believe the pathetic excuses some people will use to call CPS on someone. Protective services is there to protect children from abuse and or neglect. No wonder kids are falling through the cracks. They are too busy making house calls to homes where nothing but a difference in parenting style is going on. Is it just me, or are some women just a bit too self righteous for their own good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i totally agree. cafemom has quite a few "women" that dont have it all up stairs.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• O.K. I know the post you are speaking about. It isn't just that she hovers over the baby it is that he is 20 months old, eats no solids, can't be put down, and has tooth decay that the dr says is being cause by extended nursing (I question that but if their is tooth decay something is wrong) Now I certainly would not advocate calling CPS, I do think this mother has some issues. If that is judgemental then I stand guilty.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• To Answered at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 by: _mimimosley_

lol i totally agree. cafemom has quite a few "women" that dont have it all up stairs. You think?
    Anonymous

• I hear ONE MORE THING about EBF causing tooth decay, and I will dive through the effing monitor and choke the life out of someone...
    (lots of bad words i can't say one here)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I saw that, lol! You're so right! You can't ask anything anymore! I know you should expect a rude response or two, but almost everyone is judgmental and rude on here. They make no attempt at answering question, or giving advice...they just want to comment! It shouldn't be like that, and I think it shows a lot about women these days. There were times when women were much kinder to each other, and it's sad that there is so little camaraderie between us these days.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• OH! And did you see the Twilight question? A girl innicently and nicely asked a question, and there were all these moms saying that they're "team grown-up" and not obsessed. I don't understand why they couldn't move on and not make a nasty remark.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• amen sister
    dani2780

Answer by dani2780 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• in my opinionits best to say nothing about anyones parenting,maybie she lets her baby sleep with her,but then someone lets theirs use a paci for ever while another allows the dirty blanket to be dragged around and others have 4 year olds not potty trained,we all make mistakes we all can spoil our babies how we wish,never tell any mom how to love their child and dont tell moms when their babies arent small anymore,i hate to hear 'that baby is 18 months,they need to be more independent" how sad who are you to say when a baby needs to grow.CPS is for negelcted or abused children not for spoiled babies,and all moms spoil their babies some how.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2009