Honest help please....

My husband and I have a 5 month old baby. It was a deal we made that while I wasn't working that I would keep house and get up with baby at night since he works early.
Now that I am back to work from 6am-4:30pm. I work 4 tens during the week. I am finding myself exhausted. He won't get up with baby at night because he some how cant find it possible to go back to sleep after getting up. I still do the laundry, cook and Every night he comes home and asks what's for dinner. When I ask him if he has any ideas it's always, "I dunno, what do you want".
At this point during the day I have no desire to THINK about dinner. Ive already gotten up 2ce during the night, worked 10 hours and changed/bathed the baby since I got home.
Honestly, how can I get my husband to understand that im not harassing him to help out, I just NEED him too. Ive tried asking him for help but he's always just "well i'll take the baby so you can figure it out

FeistyAle

Asked by FeistyAle at 7:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• what a jerk i dont understand some men im a stay at home mom but i have to beg my hd to play with our baby!
    Anonymous

• I would sit him down and remind him that your deal was for when you were OFF of work. It is just as important for you to get your rest. All of the child care and housework should be divided if you are both working.
    Anonymous

• 1. Hire a cleaning lady. Many do laundry. She should come once each week. Dh can pay.
    2. Have DH pick up dinner from a healthy place one night each week. Maybe Wednesday since that's the middle of your busy week.
    3. Make some pre-made meals or one-pot meals on the weekends. Freeze and thaw.

Just do it. Don't fuss about how are you going to afford the cleaning lady. I bet you accidentally spend $50/week on stupid stuff, well DH probably does. Just call one. if you are in the Atlanta area I have a great one for you. PM me.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Try this one. NO help, NO sex! Tried and true.
    Anonymous

• Now that you are both working hire help. Hire someone to clean. Drop the laundry at a laundry service. Get meals delivered on the nights you work. If he doesn't want to pay for it tell him that he can do the work himself.

Right now being with your baby is the most important thing. Even if you had meals delivered it would make a difference. It may only cost twice as much as fixing something in.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Someone had the same ideas I did! Must be good ideas!
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Just take care of yourself and baby, and see how he likes that. Do NOT do anything for him, if he ask, then say you do this and maybe I will do that. The house help is a good idea also but he should pay, his child also.
    Anonymous