Does anyone else cry...?

...over those freakin' animal cruelty/shelter videos? I'll tell ya what...not a lot of things get to me, but those darn commercials get me every time, lol!

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I cry-so in our house we change the channel so "mommy won't have a meltdown". I have MANY rescue animals and am actually going to pick up another this weekend. I also foster for a rescue group that pulls dogs and cats from the city shelters in baltimore and DC. So I have seen some very sad stories, so those commercials always hit me hard.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My son changes the channel so I won't start crying. Do you remember the one with the dog sitting on the roof of the flooded house in hurricane Katrina? It looked sooo sad. I wonder if that dog got saved.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• House rule that I'm not allowed to see them. Too upsetting. The first time I saw one I lay in the floor with my rescue dogs and boo-hooed myself sick.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• yes its awful
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• They are pretty horrible...but what bugs me most is that there are starving or homeless kids/families that need help...
    Anonymous

• I cry everytime I see those commercials or the St Jude Hospital commercials, but hell.. I'm a cry baby anyways.
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 8:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• as far as katrina goes... i feel for the animals.... anyone stupid enough to stay when the prison is being evacuated, deserves what they get.
    i used to work for an animal rescue in NC, and personally witnessed much worse than the videos portray. mainly because they can not show the worst... i have my last rescue here with me now, for her final visit with me before she is put to sleep, due to the abuse and malnutrition she sustained as a baby, she has had health issues that have caused her to age rapidly (she's an almost 10 year old lab/border collie mix). when i snagged her from where she was, i brought her home, because i knew if she was evaluated she would be put down. i nurser her around the clock for almost a month before she could walk (she was about 4 months old when i got her).

as far as starving kids, thats what CPS is for... not investigating BF moms, cosleeping families, or vegetarians...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I dont cry, but I do get upset. Especially when they show the puppy, and he starts shaking because he is scared... I used to have a dog that did that.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i do it tears my nerves up to see one of those commercials..i feel so sorry for them...it makes it worse since im pregnant and tender thoughts like that really make me cry lol
    Anonymous

• Hell, I cried just reading the responses to this question! I ALWAYS change the channel for those commercials and the damn Hallmark talking storybook commercials that are on this year!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2009