What do you think of the name..

If we have a boy, we want to name him Jack (Partially after my grandpa). But I feel like the name is too short and the only extentions of the name I have found are Jacques and Jackson, and I don't like either. I really like boy names that end with a 'ley' sound.. what do you think of Jackley or Jacksley? Too out there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how about jacley? or jakley? make your babies name whatever you want ..i would play with the name and see what you can come up with..i think the jakley is pretty or should i say handsome and different? anyway good luck hope at least one name helped
    Anonymous

• Jackson sounds better than any you mentioned. I think Jacksley and Jackley sound like they really don't fit together. But if they work in your mind, don't be bothered by what any of us think. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My sons name is Jack. I would go with Jackley before I would even think about Jacksley. But Jackley will get him alot of jokes like bruce lee but its Jack lee. Thats what I first thought of.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Jack is extremely popular right now. I do like Jackson though. The other names sound made up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I personally don't care for either name. I like Jack but don't be influenced by any one else you should pick a name because you picked it and you like it. I named my son Jayden and a lot of people said I shouldn't name him that because it sounds girley but I picked that name anyways because I like it.
    Anonymous

• i dunno little differant jack riley
    jack jetley i dunno its hard to find sumthn that will fit with jack besides
    jack jacob or jack michael
    jack
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i like jack
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Not liking the ley, sley thing to be honest.

What about thinking of a really cool middle name to compliment it?

Anonymous

• it sounds like you didn't like the first part so added a bunch of letters.

I like Jack, just add a strong middle name to complement it and it will sound great.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Have you though about using Jack as a middle name and choosing something you really love for the first name you would still be honoring you grandpa
    twogirlsandmore

Answer by twogirlsandmore at 11:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009