Do you have to be a good writer to write a novel or is being creative and a good storyteller enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Stephanie Myer or whatever her name is (twilight author )isn't a good writer and she is filthy rich.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• You don't think Stephanie Meyer is a good writer? I thought the books were great. But anyways if you can take some writing classes and improve on your skills. This way your books have no excuse for being successful.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm a writer working on my first novel. I've been told I have natural talent. I don't really know if I do or not. But I've gotten great reviews from other writers so far. I think you just have to be a good storyteller. I'm not especially great at grammar. I have to fix a lot of things after I write. But so far I think my story is attention grabbing and has a lot to offer.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• There are definitely bad writers who write novels, and are very successful at it. Being a good writer must help a lot, though.
    Anonymous

• Stephen King has horrible grammer and spelling--he even states so in the front of his books. That is what an editor and proofreader are for although it does help to have decent grammar and spelling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Creative all the way. Anyone can write randomly, but it can be boring if you dont have that spark of creativity to catch one's imagination.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2009