Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Non Profit organizations that Can help a single mother with 4 Children for Christmas?

I am very new to Cafe Mom, I am a single mother of 4 children and currently work full time at mcdonalds. 3 of my 4 children have ADHD, And after a rough divorce with my now Ex husband I am litteraly starting from the ground up. I recently Rented a house and have got all the necessities on my own (beds, couch, tv and the gas just got turned on) which was extremely hard to do on Mc Donald's wages. My bills pretty much take up my paycheck and There father (my ex-husband) Has not helped with one dime.
My children are great kids. and I am very worried I cannot get them anything for Christmas if i want to keep electric gas and pay my rent. can someone please point me in the direction of someone who can help me just for Christmas? My children will appreciate it so much. Thank you all and I hope someone can help me.

Answer Question

Asked by avandusk at 8:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Salvation Army will help.

    Answer by mommorgan at 9:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • just wanted to say, The best gift you can give your children, you have already done.... a home. that is very wonderful . congrats.

    Answer by Aasiyah at 11:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Toys for Tots?

    Answer by MamaK88 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • I have tried the salvation army but unfortunately they have more people that are in need then they can handle right now, I appreciate Aasiyah's answer very much and I am proud that i got what we do have, But my kids will still be upset on christmas and that makes me very upset.

    Answer by avandusk at 11:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • The sign up for toys for tots has closed already, I wish I would have found it though I heard they help alot.

    Answer by avandusk at 11:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • In our county there is a Holiday Coalition that provides help with necessities as well as extra gifts at Christmas. Check with your county or local government to see if they can refer you to such a volunteer group. Our school system also has parent liaisons that work with needy families year round. I know right now that the parent liaisons are organizing gift cards for such families. I hope these ideas might help you to think of the types of groups to call or contact in your area.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.