thoughts on these baby names

We're thinking Keller for a boy (family name)

and Sabina for a girl (mostly inspired by Sabine Schmitz - only using the English instead of her German spelling)

....btw if you know who Sabine Schmitz is, you're officially awesome in my book.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are def different, I have never heard of either, so if that's what you are going for you hit the nail on the head! :) I can't say that I love them , but I am kinda old fashioned, so please don't be offended, just a different style. :)
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• They are nice names. I like them both.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I think they are super cute... although I bet her name would be mispronounced as "Sabrina" a lot.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 9:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Oh, I know her! Sabina Schmitz is an ex professional motor racing driver for BMW from Germany!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• i like keller
    brooklynjean07

Answer by brooklynjean07 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Emmagr is awesome!
    Anonymous

• I like them they are different and unique without being to out there, they sound more like older style,
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Thanks ANON!!
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 9:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• What is your last name? What are the middle names you have considered as well? I LOVE "Sabina." As to the comment about mispronouncing the name... My baby girl's name is Marsae. No one can say it let alone read it and pronounce it. (Like Marsailles, France). My biggest advice is to go with your first instinct and gut. My husband's family gave us a hard time, but it isn't up to them! His name is "Shelby." So it's good you're going with something masculine. He always got mail as "Ms Shelby." Hehe.
    MommyToMarsae

Answer by MommyToMarsae at 10:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Keller makes me think of Helen Keller and it also sounds a bit close to the word killer for my taste. People are going to mispronounce Sabina as Sabrina constantly.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009