Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Insurance verbaly stated they would pay for Speech Therapy, than did not pay. Can I get advice on what to do.

Answer Question

Asked by RichiesMom2002 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • If you have a verbal OK, try to audit the voice records. Most companies record all conversations, if you know the date and time and whom you spoke to it might help, other than that you can try and write a letter to dispute their decision and list your reason. You might want to add a letter from your childs ped and school stating it is a much needed service. GL

    Answer by midnightmoma at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • I agree with having it audited by a professional team such as a lawyer. Be careful about doing it yourself as they will probably just destroy the tape. I hope this works in your favor!

    Answer by MamaChamp at 9:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • all companies record reps conversations for quality assurance. This means that they can look up that recording. If you know the reps name or id # great but if you don't you can request them to look at your account notes every rep needs to make notes on the reason for your call this will be another way that they can find out who the rep is and resolve his or her mis-leading mistake and they should do something for you if she was wrong! Good luck to you, hope all this helps!

    Answer by cditren at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

  • Get it in writing next time. Resubmitt the claims. Call a supervisor and tell them when you called and who you talked to.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.