runny nose/cough

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can help my 8 month old daughter get over her terrible cough and runny nose faster?

Emmasmom2009

Asked by Emmasmom2009 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son had a cold when he was 5 and a hlf months old and the DR gave us medicine for his cough because it was in his chest. he took the medicine for 5 days i think it was and it stopped.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If she's coughing because of the runny nose my pediatrician told me to buy a vaporizor for at night and to put saline drops in her nose. You can buy both over the counter :-) Also, if you can find a way to prop her up a little while she sleeps. My almost 9 mos old was just sick last week!
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 10:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Same issue here. What I found that worked for me was humidifier at night in his room, with Vicks plug ins, baby rub on his chest and feet. He hates nose drops and will not let me suction his nose. If you can get your little one to sit while you suction him that helps alot too. Good Luck!
    Newt02

Answer by Newt02 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009