dreads

how do you get dreadlocks? Just by not washing or brushing your hair? EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I guess there is a way to actually do it, my DH had a friend who had them and they had "put" them in IDK how but that is what I heard
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 9:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I think so. Ewwww is right! lol
    Anonymous

• I'm all over this. I have long beautiful dreadlocks. My hair isn't nasty and I get compliments all the time. You get them by many different ways. Mine were started by twisting (braiding but with two strands instead of 3) and keeping them like that. I did not wash my hair for several months. I used astringent on my scalp to keep it fresh and free of built up dirt. The reason you don't wash is because washing causes the hair to unravel which defeats the purpose of dreads.
    Say ew all you want but my hair is gorgeous.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I know they wash their hair.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• no its or gourgeous or long lol
    Anonymous

• can you spell that word sweetheart? And my pic is from my wedding day 3 years ago. Its mid back now...can we see your hair?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• one of my friends is SO gorgeous-and has long blonde dreads. I don't think it's nasty - I mean I suppose it depends on the person
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• lol...you are something else. My pics are either from my wedding or up on top with a ponytail so it looks shorter because I actually style my hair. Okay so done with you! Black people can't grow long hair...SMH...some people have no clue.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I have a friend who is black and has grown insanely long dreds. She's probably been growing them for at least 20 years. She weaves shells into them. She will trade home cooked meals for one of our pals to come over and twist her up after she washes them. It's an hours long process. They go down just above her knees. Black folks can grow long hair.

Are people really that racially isolated?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• First let me say that there is nothing "dread"ful about locks. They are beautiful and embody both beauty and culture. In fact most ppli know with locks have cleaner hair than white counterparts. You grow locks buy intertwining the hair and leaving it that way. Most often ppl WASH their hair to obtain the "locking" process faster.

I guess its a good thing you asked this question. That way you dont have to walk around like such an ignorant ass anymore.

mirrormakeup

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2009