My daughter won't eat!!!

She only wants cookies and candy. She hasn't eaten any real food all day! She just refuses it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• as long as she is drinking I would not worry for today. I would not give her any junk food though. I would not let her eat unless it is something healty. If you give in on this now you will be fighting the food war forever. If she is wanting cookies she is saying I am hungry just want to eat it how I want to. Unless you want to always do this I would not give in. Now if it continues tomorrow I would try something different and call the dr for suggestions and verify that nothing is wrong to give only liquids.
    Anonymous

• Well don't give her candy or cookies. She will eat something that is decent  if she gets hungry enough. Don't give in. Even if you feel like you are starving her.

akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Throw out those cookies and candy.

Anonymous

• Don't give her any!! She will eat what you give her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I agree with the other posts. If she gets hungry enough, she'll eat whatever you give her. And she won't starve either. It may make you feel bad at the moment but will be better for her in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree that if she is hungry enough she will eat what you give her. I would try this. If you are eating lunch and she refuses to eat then tell her that is okay. Let her know that you are going to put it aside for her and when she is hungry she can some and eat it. If she has not eaten it by supper time then do the same thing at supper time. Give her dinner and if she refuses, set it aside for her to eat when she is hungry. Kids will not starve themselves so they will eat when they are hungry. What you have to do it just take back the control.

Sometimes kids don't have a lot of control over things in their lives and food is one way they can control something. If you let her eat the candy and cookies because you don't want her to be hungry, then she is winning the battle right now. If she eats her lunch or her dinner then I would give her the candy or the cookie. she may go to bed hungry one night, it won't last long
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Don't give her the candy and cookies....Make sure she drinks...and when she gets hungry she will eat.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• unless she wants cavities,tell her that. Your the mother! Get her some fruit like strawberries or something like that cause it would be just as sweet as candy but better. Maybe try to get some healthy fast food like subway and let her have a cookie or some fruit after, just to make her happy
    Anonymous

• She WILL eat when she's hungry enough, even if it's not today, she'll eat what you give her tomorrow. If you give in, she wins.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2009