How many of you are scared by Santa??

I respect someone's decision to not believe in Santa or tell their kids about him, but why do you have to act like we are harming our children by having Santa for Christmas?
I mean honestly how many people have been scared by the whole Santa lie??

PsychMommie

Asked by PsychMommie at 9:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• Not I, said sugahmamma
    St. Nick has more historical biology than Jesus.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• St. Nick? sugahmamma, are you Greek?

We do Santa and my parents did it and their parents did it and so on. No one was harmed by it so no, I'm not harming my kids by telling them Santa's real.
    Anonymous

• I wasn't scarred when my parents told me the truth. I don't get why some kids are. Perhaps some are just OVER sensitive. I am glad my parents let me believe. It's FUN.
    Anonymous

• maybe it has more to do with HOW they were told/found out and/or how it was explained
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• if anyone was 'scarred' by the santa-theory, they are messed up to begin with. please..scarred, because you found out santa didn't max out his credit card on toys and its your parents who have the january bills instead? OMG..that's downright hilarious.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I agree, if u get scarred by finding out about no Santa then you have other psychological issues to work out.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I suppose I have those psychological issues, then. Scarred might not be the right word - lost trust in my parents, perhaps. You can read my journal if you want to know why MY house doesn't celebrate the Santa tradition. However, I don't care what anyone else does. It's simply my choice, and a lot of people are rather judgmental about it. I don't really care. I wrote the journal to answer the question. But I do agree with charlotsomtimes - it is more about how they found out.

Santa is fun. It's not the only way to have fun. I'm not harming my kids by telling them Santa is fun to pretend, but he isn't real. My kids don't need me to feed their imagination - it's pretty full already. And anyone who goes into debt to buy toys is definitely harming their kids. If you can't afford it, don't borrow it.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2009