Is it normal for a 5 yr old?

My daughter is 5 and she was sick last week. Anyway, she got better, went back to school and everything was file. Today, after 4 days, she came home with a pimple above her upper lip. It's a relatively big and red pimple. Is it normal?

Emmagr

Asked by Emmagr at 10:08 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Is it chicken pox? usually it looks pimples
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• A fever blister or cold sore. Dap a qtip in hydrogen peroxide and rub on the sore. It will go away in a few days. I fever blisters/cold sores whenever I am sick.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• No, she had chicken pox 2 years ago. I think it's just a pimple, but isn't she too young to have pimples?
    Emmagr

Answer by Emmagr at 10:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I don't know...my daughter has a few little pimple things on the back of her arms. I think around this age there are hormone changes so maybe that is the problem. I don't know but I was surprised as you are!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Not too young. Hell my kids have had pimples off and on since birth. It's just a clogged pore.
    Anonymous