When's the right age to start santa?

My son is 18 months old, his second christmas, we have a man who ahs played santa for as long as I can remember, we've taken him to see him last year and this year, but he still doesnt really get santa yet. I'm thinking maybe next year he might. How old was yours when you started santa? How did you explain him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• My DD is 3 and she is just getting into the Santa thing, last year she did really understand so we didn't worry about it much.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I'm wondering that too. My daughter is 19 months. I got her The Elmo Christmas DVDs and she loves it. I play Christmas music for her too. By about 2 or 3 I heard they will start to realize.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My nephew will be 3 in January and he understands Santa Claus this year, he tells us Santa is bringing him toys for Christmas and will give a list of toys Santa is bringing. Enjoy this time with your little ones, once the magic of Santa is gone, Christmas is still great but just not the same.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My DD turned 3 in August and this is the first year that we'll be doing Santa. At first I thought that she might be too young, but she has really caught on this Christmas. She's been asking about Santa a lot and wants to know when we're putting her "Christmas Sock" (she means stocking) up.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• We did it from the time they were born lol
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 11:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• My friends that do Santa start it from birth. Just be aware - they may be scared to actually see him. We were at chick fil a today and Santa Cow was there. My 2 and 1 year old freaked.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2009