this is crazy...can animals get high from drinking tree water?

my husband seems to think that the cats are acting crazy from drinking the christmas tree water...??? any opinions

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it is more likely they are going nuts over all the new smells attached to the tree. Or it is very possible the lights and ornaments have them going bonkers. One of my cats has been laying under the tree each night staring up at it lol. I have had cats that climb the trees, try to eat the trees, completely ignore the tree. Every cat is different, unless you put something in the water like those packets that they sell at tree lots to keep your tree fresh then the water isnt doing anything to the cat. If you did use one of those packets then get the water drained and use 7up instead, using chemicals in water that your pets are able to access to drink from is a bad idea.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:11 AM on Dec. 8, 2009