Texting???

What do you think if your man erases all of his text messages before he gets home? Do you think that is odd? I know he talks to a couple of girls that are friends well so he says. But he has also lied and said he didn't talk to them. When I know that he did because his dumb ass sometimes forgets to erase the sent. Then he has the nerve to say that I am jealous. I just think that if you have nothing to hide. Why would you erase. I know that he has lied before because the bill statement tells you how many text messages have been sent. I caught him and he says he should be able to have his own private life?? Am I wrong??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• What did the sents say?
    Anonymous

• Just stupid random stuff. That doesn't even make no sense to erase.
    Anonymous

• If hes texting girls and erasing them hes up to know good. Mine was texting a friend that ended up turning into an emotional affair and it just about ended our marriage. He has a right to his privacy as long as hes not up to know good and hes proving hes up to \no good....so privacy, I say he gets NONE!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• If he wants his private life then that should tell you that he's not taking this relationship seriously. Maybe you should rethink if you want a man like that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I erase my texts on a regular basis as do all my friends. It isn't a matter of hiding anything, it's a matter of some phones only hold so many texts. I also have auto erase and the oldest texts erase first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Yeah I understand that but his phone holds a hundred and he still erases when he only has like five or six???
    Anonymous

• I'd say you guys are having issues, If he is denying this and you know for a fact that he has been texting her and erasing them so you don't see them then he needs to shape his ass up. Trust/honesty is number one in a marriage and he is giving you reasons not to trust him. I think men throw the jealousy thing at us to turn the situation into being your fault.
    Anonymous

• People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. I think you KNOW the answer to what you are asking US or you wouldn't be asking... sorry to say. I hope I am wrong for your sake but if I were you I would certainly find out now and not later. Again, sorry, don' t mean to be mean, but YOU asked.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Sounds like he's hiding something...its one thing to want to have your space, independence and privacy...but when this eludes to dishonesty and secrecy that's a problem. I mean everyone needs to have some time for themselves...but text messages this seems trival as far as independance and space goes.

I can tell you from my personal experience that when I was cheating, that's exactly what I told my husband...I want my privacy and its none of your business who I talk to or hang out with. It was me being defensive of actions I knew were wrong.
    Although I didn't delete the messages, when he found them and accused me I blamed him for going through my things.
    Sounds like he could possibly be doing the exact same thing I was doing.

I agree with Momrocks1000 - people with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My husband deletes his messages but its more of a personality quirk then anything..(he deletes his calls and stuff to, and if he gets ahold of my phone for a while he will delete mine out of habit as well lol)

But your situation seems different...i had an ex who wasn't even smart enough to erase anything...and we shared a phone...yeah he was a dumb ass lol.

definately need to have a serious talk
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2009