do you have any superstitions for new years?

my family is so full of superstitions. on new years, we eat a special meal. i know we eat greens for money (we eat alot of them lol) but i cant remember what the meat and something else is for (if any of you know this one then please remind me lol). also they believe whatever you do on that day is what you do for the rest of the year. my family does all the cleaning the night before new years so there is little cleaning to do the next day (which means they wont be cleaning all year-yeah right lol).does anyone else have new years superstitions?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not really. It's very interesting to learn about yours though. I had no idea people had superstitions about New Years. I sure will take you up on that cleaning one, though!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• We have always had ham on New Years,the saying is that the meat should be an animal that routs forward.I've heard that black eyed peas are for good luck.Those are the only ones I know.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 11:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• Lentils are to be eaten for good luck.
    Anonymous