what am i?

i dont follow any religion...i just have no interest..i dont believe in worship, i guess.

I don't pray but i guess you could say i hope..sometimes i will say something like "please let this be a good day" "i hope he gets better".

I dont look down on any religions at all if i had to place myself with one i guess it would be christian because my family is but i just find it hard believing in God...although i do believe in jesus and all the history. I also find it hard believing in heaven and hell.
I believe in an afterlife (more like a parallel universe) and reincarnation more than heaven and hell. I just believe more in the science of things..evolution. I've always thought this would be agnostic just because i really don't fit in any religion. Am i? Or what am i?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say you are you with your own set of beliefs that may not fit a formal title. Is that title that important? You are you and you believe what you believe and that is important and valuable in itself.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Being Agnostic can also mean that you believe in God, or that you don't believe in God....what deems Agnostics Agnostics is that they ride the fence as far as being SURE either way. I am Agnostic. I don't know if God exists. I don't believe anyone can prove to me factually whether he does or doesn't, and that's that. You can have whatever beliefs you want and still be unsure what the actual truth is.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like you are agnostic! you dont necessarily believe in one thing, but you respect others views and "see where they are coming from"..it just...isn't quite your thing. I find agnostics to be very open minded people!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2009

• I would say you are Agnostic.
    The proof that I have that God is real and my reasons for being a Christian are so many that they would fill a book. I could tell you so many experiences that I have had where I have prayed and received INSTANT answers- the MANY life threatening situations I have been in where the only thing that saved me ( such as an accident in which I totaled my van with my 4 and 3 y.o. daughter and son with me and all of us walked away without a scratch, and experience after experience where God has shown me that He IS REAL and that He loves us) was prayer. If you had all day I could tell you true story after true story about things that have happened to me and my children that would both curl your hair and perhaps convince you that there was no other explanation except that it was God. If you have never had any miracles occur in your lifetime and no evidence, I don't say i blame you for doubting.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:08 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i've had many things happen what you would call miracles but i would give my thanks to other people. My little sister once saved me from drowning in the bath tub when having a seizure...i thank her...my obgyn saved my son with an emergency csection..i thank him. When i sit down and think about it...idk if god has anything to do with this.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i like to believe in people that have passed sticking around and being some type of guardian angel...when my son was just a few months old i was in the kitchen and i heard a voice saying help..help..and instanly i thought of my son so i ran to him and the cover was over his face and he was struggling as if he couldnt breath. I cant explain that...maybe it was my conscience or a guardian angel..(thats what i like to believe anyways)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Being agnostic is a beautiful, beautiful thing =) There are a bunch of different types of agnosticism. I'm an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any higher power but I don't know for certain that a higher power doesn't exist.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• thats kinda the way i feel caitx... but with all the beliefs in hell (christian beliefs) do you believe that for your agnostic beliefs that if there REALLY IS in the end a higher power that you would go to hell?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i agree w/ Agnostic. but you might want to look into Deism? they believe in God, but not a personified God that is active in our lives. just a thought.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2009