how can i get my 14 month old baby girl to

go to bed with out cryin sometimes shes goes to bed fine other times she crys like shes hurt but shes not

myangelelena

Asked by myangelelena at 11:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Buy her a crib hanging toy. Colorful one that makes music.
    Anonymous

• Give her a consistent bedtime routine. Ours starts at 7:30. Bath, story, then sleep. When she gets that she doesnt cry. When I'm lazy and skip the bath she cries for 2-7 minutes til she falls asleep. But routine is key. After a few times she will recognize the chain of events and preprare herself for bed so it wont be some big surprise when you put her in the crib. We turn on her baby moniter that has a 10 minute lullaby session and she loves falling asleep to that. Also make sure she has had a snack like milk and graham cracker or something so she's not hungry.
    Before we started doing all this we were co sleeping and putting her in her crib only meant screaming until you picked her up! This is so much better.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• lol my daughter does that to she will be 2 in feb my husband likes to say that the bottle is chasing her and thats why she is upset I just normally rub her back or her belly and she falls right back to sleep
    armywife6628

Answer by armywife6628 at 12:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2009