newborn insurance?

I currently have medi-cal an im looking to get my son his own insurance once he is born ( less then 20 days! :) ), but i have no idea where to start... anyone know of any not so expensive plans that are out there? Has anyone else ever gone from medi-cal to getting their own insurance?

we are located in ca.

akalei

Asked by akalei at 12:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that you could check with the nursery at the hospital. If I am not mistaken you used to get some fliers with information advertising insurance and stuff after you have your baby....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Baby will be covered by medi-cal for at least the first 30 days. If you want to stick with government-funded, look into "healthy families". If you don't make enough money though, they will bounce you back to medi-cal. Private plans are pretty expensive... does your job offer any coverage?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2009