Why are women so mean to each other?

I can't understand why women are so mean to one other . Women post questions here. Looking for answers or advice. Alot of women just have nasty things to say to them. Like how dumb can you be and what not. I just don't see the point. Does leaving mean answers make you feel better about yourself? Does anyone else feel this way????

akmami0f4

Asked by akmami0f4 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in About CafeMom

• The ones that make me the most upset are when a mom is having a bad day and posts something like "overwhelmed" or "feel like a failure"... etc. and a woman responds by saying something about how the mommy needs to suck it up or give her kids up for adoption to someone who can "handle" the pressures of being a parent.
    I got this answer once and every now and again see similar ones posted. I think it is cruel and cannot understand how this site- a place that should be for support and understanding is so full of idiots just waiting for a chance to pounce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Think back to high school and the mean girls there... nothing changes really. Those same girls grow up to be catty old women.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I think that some women confuse honesty with mean. When someone asks a questions, sometimes they need a strong dose of reality. I don't believe in sugar coating anything. If you're looking for sympathy and someone to tell you what you are doing is right, maybe you should not be coming here asking public questions. It is what it is... Sweetie...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• People are mean everywhere. That's life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You need to read this Journal... it says it all..

How to Piss Everyone Off at Once

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Honestly I think it makes those women feel good to make someone else feel bad. I don't see the need for it either. I think the majority of women here want to connect and gain support from other women. If we needed to get beat down we have plenty of people to already do that without getting it here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i ask myself everyday how it is that women as a whole, are overall still just as catty as they were in high school. there are plenty of days where i have to pinch myself to assure myself that i'm not dreaming that i'm back in high school!

in all seriousness though, i think that people tend to treat others based off a few things. one, people who dont have great self assurance or self confidence, are more likely to put others down to simply boost their self confidence and what not....just like girls did in school. Then again, there are some who dont even really realize that they are being rude because it's just the way their homelife is, not that it makes it excusable...

then there's the type who, while not necessarily intentional, come off coming very harsh, while just trying to be honest. yes sugar coating things is great for a preschooler, not so much for an adult. some people are just abrasive without even realizing it.
    Mavoreen

Answer by Mavoreen at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

•  great answer Mavoreen "yes sugar coating things is great for a preschooler, not so much for an adult"

Anonymous

• "then there's the type who, while not necessarily intentional, come off coming very harsh, while just trying to be honest. yes sugar coating things is great for a preschooler, not so much for an adult. some people are just abrasive without even realizing it." -- I agree.
    I'm very blunt and straight forward. I say it like I see it and don't sugar coat things. That can very easily come off as brash, but I don't intend it to be. I'm just being honest, which I hope is what people come on here to get. Honesty.

Women are driven by their emotions, whether they let them show or not. Which makes for a very catty situation, because women are intentionally/unintentionally always competing with one another. Women are more sensitive, easily insecure, and tend to always take things personally. That's why women are soo easily mean to one another.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2009