so lonely.

I experienced this with my first and don't understand why I am suprised now that I am 7 months preg. with my second.... mostly I just want to vent.

All of my friends have vanished (not that they were so present after the birth of my first- I only can see them if I go to the bar... seriously). My husband and I have gone out for 2 dates since I got preg. in June. He got home from work tonight and asked for a ride to the bars an hour later (7:30 pm...). Even writing this I feel like I should be 21- but myself (and 'friends' are pretty darn close to 30).

My mom doesn't have time to chat on the phone for more than 5 minutes a week- I don't live near any of my family. This is rough. The only person I talk to more than 10 words a day is my 2 year old son. AARGH!!! Hormones are playing a part of my anger- but mostly, its the actions of others!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I can understand how you would feel so lonely! You might try doing some research on local moms/play groups. That's been my saving grace. I found a WONDERFUL local mommy group, and we have playdates a few days a week that you can RSVP to, park days, Mom's Nights Out, etc, and it has really helped keep me from feeling so alone. I would definitely recommend meeting people who can relate to where you are in life (pregnant, young kids, etc). It's so nice to be around other people who are going through the same things you are.
    People never tell us how many aspects of life will change when we have babies. Our friendships really change, and it can be really tough. Hang in there, and seek out some support in your area. Face to face contact makes a difference. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2009

• Don't feel bad. I am pretty much in the same situation. I just have older children. I would feel the same way pregnant or not. Sometimes you just need adult conversation. Well I hope the post help with the venting.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I understand how you feel. My husband is out right now and I have a 14 month old and pregnant as well. The best solution for my weekday boredom at least was to hang out with other moms. Whether you are a SAHM or working mom their are some good play date groups on meetup.com. I have had great success with them. Still though...I'm hating being home alone right now! But the couple weekday events with other moms really help! You may start to create friendships from it and these moms won't be just bar friends.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I really dont think your husband should be going out without you especially if you are sitting at home pregnant...Thats just mean...If you are ever bored...and need an adult, I'm also 7 months (well, will be next week--27 1/2 weeks currently) pregnant and will talk anytime you want...Send me an invite, also, let your friends (AND HUSBAND) know you feel left out and would like for them to come over for game/movie night...hope this helps. Good luck-- Mahalie
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Wow, why do you choose to have only friends who hang out at the bar? I am not trying to be mean but there are people that just like to hang out and visit. And why is your DH out at the bar when you are home pregnant. That sucks. He should be at home with you, or you should go out with him and hang out, just don't drink alcohol of course. Take care of yourself.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yes and you should be able to go out sometimes. Not a smokey bar but other things like movie, dinner, friends homes, putt putt...there's alot you guys can do. Maybe now is a good time to expand your entertainment options with your SO.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I don't blame you- go out, get your nails done, look for new mommy groups...you're definitely not alone! (Why do you think so many of us are on here?? lol!)
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• you know what who says u have to be stuck at home go out go to a movie or to dinner its sometimes nice to get out and just do stuff for u go get ur nails done or ur hair make ur man sorry for not wanting to hangout with u and have fun:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My kids are not little and I'm Not pg. But feel I'm in the same boat with ya. It is not so much the wanting to go out as it is having some one to talk to every now and then. I live out of my home state. Try talking to my mom once a week also ( when i can catch up with her, then if I do someone beeps in or she has to run cause someone came over.) I don't know many people at all where I live now. ( And believe me it's too far out to just up and go to the movies, dinner or things) Getting a girlfriend on the phone from back home .( they have so much going on it's hard to get a work in and if i do what's it gona be .. Oh i did a load of laundry today, or what I've leaded out for dinner) Believe me your not alone. Just hand in there
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2009