2 year old won't stay in bed anymore.

My son (25 months old) has always been a pretty good sleeper. Recently, however, he has started getting up in the middle of the night and climbing into bed with my husband and I. If I try tom ove him back into his bed, he gets up right away and crawls back in unless I lie down next to him until he falls asleep. Any suggestions on how to get my son back to his previous (awesome) sleep patterns??

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 12:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Supernanny solved this problem on her show at least once. Wish I'd paid attention for you!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• ok so this is what u do u put him back in his bed evertime......there is no highway option it may take a couple days a week or a month but thats how it has to be and put a baby gate on his door leave it open so he can see out but cant get out u will be able to hear him and put him back to bed if that dont work try sleeping on the floor in his room for a couple nights to let him know ur there and its ok but make sure he doesn't get in bed with u its a hard habbit to break my son is 3 and we dont allow him in bed with us but when he goes see grandma she sleeps with him we had the hardest time getting him back to his bed but thats how we did it and it worked....just be prepared cus he will cry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• on supernanny. the first time you say to him "i'ts time for bed, i love you, goodnight" and put him back in his bed, the 2nd time you just say "its time for bed" put him back, the 3rd time, you say nothing, and just walk him back to his bed. This technique seemed to work on SEVERAL episodes. Sometimes they were up till 2am, but it eventually worked. good luck mama!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Thank you for asking this question. I am going through this real bad with my son. The terrible two's has just recently hit him like a ton of bricks. He is driving me bonkers. I keep putting him back in bed when he gets out, so at least I'm doing that right.
    lilmama22806

Answer by lilmama22806 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2009