Is a 21 year old too young for me, a 25 year old single madre?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• No under 18 is to young!!!
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It depends on his maturity level and what he has accomplished in life. I believe any single parent (fathers OR mothers) should only date people who will be preprared to be instant parents themselves. Is that something he can handle..and handle well? Some 21 year olds are almost done with college and know where they will be in the next couple of years. Others are just enjoying the party life and won't be able to handle all the responsibilites of instant family. So which one is he?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I couldn't handle a 21 year old. Too lame. Maybe this one is different, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• He is in college right now and he works while he is back in town during the summer, he does construction and works with some of my family member... he wants to be text buddies but I am not too sure about it... he status on myspace shows a lot of partying going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Oh in that case be friends without flirting or any potential romance going on. You don't really know him at all so get to know him. Talk online and by phone and see if you even like the guy or if he likes you. Don't give any serious thought to dating if you know little about him. Its the deep thoughts, values, common sense, personality, and every day ways that will show you what he's really all about.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Thanks mamachamp... great advice that I will take with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• well I think in the end u will make the decision on what you think and not anyone else however I married a 25 year old man I am 21 and it worked out amazing!
    armywife6628

Answer by armywife6628 at 12:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I dated a 21 year old when I was 26. We talked on the phone/computer for 3 months first, but I liked him so I decided to give it a try. I didn't introduce him to my children until we had been dating for 7 months. We are now happily (on most days lol) married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• armywife6628- There is a HUGE difference between a man being 25 and the woman being 21 than the other way around. Men tend to me more immature at 21 than a woman of the same age.

I still say go for it if you like him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Well I just got married and my husband is 22 to my 26 yrs. Sooo it all depends on the 2 individuals and where they are trying to go with the relationship.
    PhoenixBrooks

Answer by PhoenixBrooks at 2:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009