3 year old never slept threw the night!

any advice he wakes up like 3 or 4 times doesn't wet the bed at night we have tryed warm milk lol I know he is three and the doc has tryed sleeping meds but I dont want to put him on those again it just seems like he is not himself but he still hasn't slept threw the night we have also tryed warm baths and no naps durring the day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you set a solid bed time routine? I used to battle with my oldest at bedtime and then she would get up in the night for no reason and be awake for a few hours at a time. I started a routine and stuck to it and it has helped a lot! We do dinner, baths, light snack, brush teeth, story in bed, lights out. Every single night, same time, same order. It gets old.....but she does not fight and falls asleep fast. Both of the kids are the same. The only times she wakes up now is if she is sick, has a bad dream or growing pains, but she goes right back to sleep after tucked back in. Try it for a couple of months and hopefully it will help you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• well, as adults we even wake up during the night. i think that the real problem is that he doesn't know how to put himself back to sleep. my kids (1yo and 4yo) each have one of those crib soothers that plays music and when they wake up they just turn it on and lay down and listen to the music until they go back to sleep. maybe you could look into one of those? if you go into his room and put him back to bed or interact with him it only makes it worse. he is old enough to figure it out for himself
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2009