Early pains, no morning sickness? Is this normal? + ways to know if it's a boy or girl beforehand...

Hello mothers and mothers to be :)
I just found out a week and 3 days ago that I'm pregnant. I'm pushing two months and I've had no nausea or morning sickness, is that normal? I feel like I might not have any which isn't bad but is it norm?

2nd question: I have abdominal pains from time to time, mostly when I'm waking up from sleeping on my stomach or stretching too hard..what's up with that?

3rd: Are there any old sayings or ways to tell if you might be having a boy or girl? I hear boys tend to kick and cause a little pain from time to time and girls make u more sick..is that true? Could I be having a boy?

Someone talk to me :( My next appointment isn't until the 11th and I have soooo many questions!

SuchALadii

Asked by SuchALadii at 12:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• #1 For some women morning sickness doesn't start until around 8 weeks, but some women never have nausea and that is perfectly normal.

#2 That is round ligament pain and also perfectly normal. http://www.babycenter.com/0_round-ligament-pain_205.bc

#3 None that are really true.  You just have to wait until your u/s or until the baby is born. You can't even go by the heart rate like so many people say you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i had a girl, and i didnt get morning sickness at all. ever. it was wonderful :) the only thing i can think of is when i first got pregnant, i had a dream that i had a girl (sounds weird i know), but me and my hubby both thought it was going to be a boy. we even had a boy name picked out, but there was no penis on the u/s, and she is definately a girly :) i have heard tho-if you get pregnant before your period, its a boy, but if its after your period its a girl.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I had morning sickness with my son and my daughters. Heart rates were all over the place for both sexes. My daughter hurt me more than my son when they were kicking and squirming around.
    Most women ovulate between day 14 and day 20 (or around that time) of their cycle so mrsjosey's post didn't make any sense. It would always be after your period. Your period is the start of your new cycle.
    Also when they are looking for the sex of your baby they should be looking for girl parts. Boy parts are easy to confuse with the umbilical cord. When they look for a girl they look for the outer labia and the clitoris (which appears as a white line), so basically they look for 3 lines. Be wary if they only look for boy parts and claim it's a girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2009