Why does he keep waking up in the middle of the night??

My son is 15 months old and has begun to wake up quite frequently around 1 or 2 am. He only had one nap today, which ended at 2. Woke up at 7 am, went down from 11 to 2, and went to bed at 8 (the dr appt meant we woke up a bit earlier than usual, not by much.) I feel like he's really been sleeping less lately. Is this a sign that he needs a snack before bed, needs to go down later, what? Ideas?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 1:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try it, give him a snack before you puthim to bed. i always give my kids a snack its part of the routine. How long is he waking up and what does he do when he is awake. I remember all of my kids going throught hat at about that age. So what do you do when he wakes up at that time? What I would do is tell him to go back to sleep, maybe some water in a sippy cup too.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My dd went throught this at 14 months. Shed been sleeping fine for months and then all of a sudden shes up and wanting to play! I lasted about 2 weeks. I stopped giving her a morning nap (well she actually just stopped sleeping during her a.m nap) and then she seemed fine. So maybe hes getting too much sleep during the day? ( i know you said he didnt sleep that much during his nap) good luck!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2009