HOW DO I KEEP MY CURLS NICE DOWN WITHOUT FRIZZINESS AND STIFFNESS?

I HAVE NATURALLY CURLY HAIR AND I WANNA START WEARIN IT DOWN AND CURLY BUT ITS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO DO :0( ANY SUGGESTIONS?? I DON'T WANT MY HAIR STIFF THOUGH...THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE!

MichelleR05

Asked by MichelleR05 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• ~~~REDKEN OUTSHINE ANTI-FRIZZ POLISHING MILK~~~SERIOUS FRIZZ IS NO ...
    Redken Outshine Outshine 1 Anti Frizz Polishing Milk 3.2 oz - User Rating: ... There's just enough control to hold my style without stiffness or stickiness. ...
    www.epinions.com/review/Redken_Outshine_Outshine_1_Anti_frizz_Polishing_Milk_3_2_oz/content_181088063108 -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Try the John Frieda Frizz Ease collection. You can find it at Wal-Mart. The Serum is incredible.
    gwebkeijmmm

Answer by gwebkeijmmm at 6:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Let your hair air dry. Condition it every day or two to freshen the curls, but only shampoo once a week. Just add a light leave in conditioner and possibly some shine serum. Keep from combing it when it is dry, and don't play with it too much. The more you do to your hair, the frizzier it will be.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I used to do hair and what i told my clients was to try a diffuser which will help keep that curl. If you dry your hair without a diffuser you take a chance of it frizzing and loosing that curl. The best products that i've found have been either redken or my favorite bed head curl line. Try those.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:32 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• when you get out of the shower (you could get a head start by using redken fresh curls shampoo and cond.) towel dry your hair, run a wide tooth comb through it, the wider the better. Use Redken Ringlet. It's the best product I've ever used in my entire life. Make sure to coat the hair with it starting a couple inches from he scalp. Depending on the length and thickness of your hair, start with a small amount, and daily add a little more to achieve the best result. If you do use a diffuser, don't wave it back and forth like you would normally drying your hair. Let it sit on small areas of hair for a minute or so (on warm and low). And if you point the dryer upward, you'll get more frizz. Like the mom said up there...the more you move the curls around the frizzier they'll be. Finish with a hairspray that won't stiffen too much, like redken quickdry. Good luck!
    bianchi01

Answer by bianchi01 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I also have really curly hair and what i do when i wear it down is a put grease nd mousse and use a defussor on my blow dryer or i use a towel to scrunch my hair and let it dry!! Don't mess with it before it's dried you will make it frizzy!!! Hope it helps!!
    bellanena1983

Answer by bellanena1983 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• what i do with my hair is i take some leave in conditioner and mix it with some mousse and then i put it in my hair and let it airdry about half the way, and then i blowdry it with a diffuser on low heat. u want to do the mousse and conditioner about half and half. and then i finish off with a shine spray.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I myself have naturally curly hair that will frizz if I don't do anything to it. My savior is called Curls Rock by Catwalk, it is about $13 at salons. One 4oz container lasts me over 6 months of daily use. First off, it smells devine, secondly you only use the tiniest amount to control that frizz. I use a drop the size of a pencil eraser then warm it up in my hands using friction, spread it evenly through my hair and scrunch. Most of the time I do use a hair dryer to dry my hair half way. I don't have frizz anymore, my hair looks naturally shiny, and my curls seperate nicely. I must say that my hair is my greatest asset, but only because of Curls Rock.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• My dd hair is VERY curly..ringlets..I always use a leave in conditioner in her hair after her bath, right now I am using one by garnia(sp?)... it needs to be kinda thin b/c if not hers will look greasy..I have tried some spray leave-ins and liked them but they are kinda of expensive for the good ones..and since my hair is STICK straight it is kinda hard to pay a lot for something for a four year olds hair lol..anyway..those are the suggestions I have...Oh and I use a moisturizing shampoo, and conditioner on hers as well, or she will look like richard simmons..lol
    soccerjunki

Answer by soccerjunki at 9:54 PM on May. 8, 2009