My son had a contact allergy to peanut butter and black tea...anything else?

Awhile back, my son had his first "REAL" bite of peanut butter and with a spoon, rubbed it all over his face. We ended up at the ER with red welty spots with white in the middle all over where he had rubbed it.
Just tonight, he pulled a full glass of my black tea off of the table onto the floor. Soon after, his scrotum was red and he had red welts on the inner thigh. I assume some of it spilled down his diaper.

What is the common link here, if any? Both seem to be easily fixed with benadryl.

jenellemarie

Asked by jenellemarie at 1:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Allergies are tricky. Mild allergies can be treated on occasion with children's Zyrtec (my allergist recommends this over Benedryl), but your son is allergic to peanut butter (very serious) and has a contact allergy that quickly pops up. You need to take him to an allergist and have him tested.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2009