What would you do if four girls tried to jump your 13-year old daughter?

I spoke to the dean in Tia's school he said he would call me back, and never did. I am so hurt and angry because when I was in the 6th grade I never had this problem. Tia is a quiet swet talented and gifted girl. She was taught she can have one freind who is Nora. Nora told me what happened not the teacher or the guidance counselor. What should I do?

Chrissy130

Asked by Chrissy130 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Been there and done that. My daughter called me from the school and told me what happened. I went to the school and called the cops. Every last one of them had to stand before a judge and explain their actions. They did not get into extreme trouble, had to pick up trash with the Sheriff's office, but they never pulled that with my daughter again. It did help my daughter's case when all were standing before the judge that one of the mean girls had taped the whole deal on her phone including the 'plot' before they approached her. Their aim was to place it on youtube and the judge discovered other videos that they had made of exactly the same sort of thing. They have to learn while they are still young that their behavior is wrong. If they don't, they will learn the lesson a whole lot more harshly after turning 18.
    Anonymous

• I would make a HUGE deal out of it...i would go to the school and make sure they did something about it....

my daughter is only 3 right now...but I honestly believe that if something like this happened, I would keep her home until I know it was reasolved...and If i knew it wasnt going to be, I would serioulsy home school her, or if possible send her to another local school. The school is there to protect every child...if they are going to do their job then they dont deserve my children to be their students...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I meant if they are NOT going to do their job.
    glamomomo

• My daughter was "jumped" by two boys and one girl at the bus stop once when she was 8 years old!! It totally broke my heart when she called me crying to tell me about it. I contacted the school and they didn't really do anything because the 3 kids denied doing it. I asked the school to have the parents call me, but the boys' parents never did. When the girl's father called me - he was just making up excuses and protecting his daughter....SO...every time I saw kids in the neighborhood, I would ask my daughter if it was them....FINALLY, about a month later - we saw them! I called them over to us and I asked them if my daughter deserved to be treated that way.....they didn't deny hurting her and agreed she didn't deserve it. I told them to apologize to her and they did.....they thought I was the meanest lady in the world, but as a result - they all ended up becoming good friends!!!!! :)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Also...I wanted to add, when I was in school, a kid was beat up by 2 other kids...and just by hitting him in the right spot, he wound up dead !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• This happended to me in like the 4th grade or so...

my mom gave me permission to hit back after the school wouldn't do anything lol

Go down to the school in person and demand they talk to you, if they are not going to do anything and you are afraid for your daughters safety, think about changing schools....other then that there isn't much you can do.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Yep...get all up in there face until something is done. maybe you should have a talk with these girls parents. I believe you can set up a meeting through the princible. Enough is enough.

i always had permission when i was young to hit back if i was getting hit. I got in a fight with this girl at school cause she decided to hit me and on the way to the office she started crying cause she was going to get in trouble by her dad. meanwhile I was cool.

Not always the best advice, but it worked. Most of the time those girls act tough, until they know they are going to get in trouble by their parents. So... until they decide to listen, she goes down every goes down. don't change schools, those girls are 13 and you are not afraid of them. They need to learn how to show some respect to you and your daughter.

your daughter doesn't have any cousins? lol good luck!!
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 2:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I would keep contacting the school till they followed throw with somthing. IF not file a police report. Then you have it in written.Kids that are trouble makers now days need to be watched .. you never know how far they might take it some day. Kids now days don't have respect to Parents, Elders, Teachers or even themselves. You heard to manythings on the news now days about a young teen harming another child. ( when asked why most wanted to see what it was like) If the school don't wish to get the parents involid then have the police deparentment do it. Kids too have to be accountable for their actions if not then their parents should be. Sorry touchly subject for me.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OMG I would be so ticked off that they never called back. Tell them if they aren't going to do anything you will file a police report.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• CALL THE COPS. I know a kid that was punched one time in the face and was in a coma for a few days and then died. I would also report the dean to the school superintendent for not doing anything.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2009