My son has ezeema, how do you get rid of it?

his skin gets really patchy and dry, he has darker skin and were his skin is effected it is kinda pailer. i need help!

chicaloca0987

Asked by chicaloca0987 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have to get a prescription skin cream for my son. Sometimes it gets so bad they prescribe a steroid cream, but most of the time - the milder stuff works well. My son is 18 months old btw & has had eczema since birth.... the pediatrician thinks he will eventually grow out of it....hopefully he does!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I use aveeno body wash and lotion on my son (he has eczema). Don't let him have long baths with really warm water. Don't use any harsh soaps (Dial, really anything antibacterial)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• It could be the products you're using in your home. Many store bought products contain harsh or harmful chemicals which may cause eczema or make it worse. I use all natural products in my home! You may want to consider switching over to all natural products.

Best Wishes!

Check this link out.
    www.CleanandGreenFamily.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I had the same problem. Both of my kids had eczema when they were about one year. it lasted for about two years and was worse in the winter. just tell the doctor about it and they should be able to prescribe some good thick cream (sorry I cant remember what they gave me.) It wont make it go away that fast but it relieves the itching so that he doesn't pick at it as much. you pretty much just have to let it run its course.
    NATI2124

Answer by NATI2124 at 2:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You can try and use all hypoallergenic lotions, washes, and detergents on your kids things. I had to switch my lil one over to every that is hypoallergenic and fragrance free..They said he had eczema really bad but come to find out he just has extremely sensitive skin and the smallest things irritate it. The dr keeps my son a cream prescribtion on hand until hopefully he grows out of it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My kids also both have mild eczema/sensitive skin. I now use all hypoallergenic/fragrance free/dye free products. California baby has a great line of bodywashes and lotions - and aveeno baby is also really good. I LOVE calendula cream - it has really helped both my kids.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Try cutting major allergy triggers from his diet. Dairy, wheat, gluton, eggs... etc...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My son has suffered from this from birth, as I have as well. We use basic soaps and they work..
    During winter the DR. has him take a bath at most 2 times a week, using Dove or Caress. It may be not proper bathing but his legs bleeding down to his toes is worse. He gets a washcloth bath to clean up a bit during the off time. He does not towel dry and puts on OIL based lotion while wet. If the lotion is water based it will be absorbed into the skin and the skin will flare up just the same.
    Wal-Mart has a good one that smells like coconuts- yellow/tan container, usually on the bottom shelves, cheap and works great for him. We usually apply it, especially to the joints and behind the ears, at least 3 times a day. Be careful with jeans with scratching and cause it to bleed. Purex makes a good soap that is free of the chemicals- white bottle- for laundry. Dryer sheets are great to keep fabrics from being itchy.
    Good luck!
    Gone_Crazy2

Answer by Gone_Crazy2 at 6:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

•   All three of my DD's had it and on top of the things my doctor gave me I used a good old remedy that worked so well that their doctor added it.

To a tepid bath add  a cup of powdered milk and soak in it for a bit then add a cap of skin so soft to the bath. The milk bath adds moisture to the skin and the skin so soft seals it in..... just remember to add the skin so soft after you have soaked for a few minutes. I uses it myself every few baths and have nice soft skin.

Hope this helps

Simply0110

Answer by Simply0110 at 6:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• My daughter has small patches of eczema on her thighs and upper arms. I wash her in Aveeno soothing relief wash . . short tepid baths. I use Aquaphor on the patches and then Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion on the rest of her skin. I haven't changed her diet at al. The Aquaphor is amazing, the patches are pretty much non-existent at this point, but I continue to use it just in case. The Aquaphor is also nice to have in the case of a diaper rash . . . knocks it out in just hours.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009