What do you do when you can't afford xmas or bday gifts....shhh this is what I do...

I use giftcards people gave me and then I'll be "tied up" for awhile, so their gift will be belated and they get their gift but it was from giftcard money from my own bday or something. Yes, we're lame. we've even bought groceries with my bday giftcards. You do what you gotta do when money is tight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes I completely agree. I have used my giftcards to buy things for others. There is nothing wrong with that. It just goes to show you dont always think about yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• That's fine, your using a gift card to relieve financial stress. My family stream lines the holidays by only getting gifts for the kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Best gift of all is baking something homemade. Can never go wrong with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Nothing wrong with that, i'm sure many have done that, myself included. My grandmother has given me birthday and christmas money for years to shop for myself, lumped as one check since B-day is Dec. 1st. I always thank her and tell her I bought things I needed. Truth is I use 90% of it for Christmas Shopping for others and have for years. I maybe treat myself to an OPI nail polish or a new Top or Bra, but that's about it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• ya.. i agree with the homemade thing.. i made my sil a cake for her bday we couldnt afford a card but we had flour and sugar..and my cousins baby shower was today and i just made her burp rags from left over girl fabric from blankets my girls never used.. and i gave her all my left over unopened baby soap...
    Anonymous

• Not a thing wrong with that at all OP, afterall, it is your giftcard. I have actually even regifted (a full value) giftcard given to me at a restaurant that I did not like, but the person that I gifted it to loved. : ) I would never regift it if it had been used though.
    Anonymous