Is this diaper rash or something worse?

My 9 month old has really small bumbs on the inside of her privates. Like, when you go as spread them there are bumps where there is more moisture. Yesterday or today I noticed there are a few bumps here and there on the outside. They're there in onesis and twosies. I can't really tell if they're red or not because of her complexion. She's only had diaper rash once and I honestly can't remember what those bumps looked like. I put Destin on it because they last time it went away pretty quickly. This time, instead, the bumps on the outside just popped out of nowhere. I'm going to make an appt for her to get checked out. I got some ointment, Desitin and I change her more often now. I was also told to let her run around w/o a diaper but I have carpet and really don't want her to pee all over the place (like she did earlier). Other than diaper rash, does anyone know what it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes make her an appt. My son did the same thing only his were more like blisters, come to find out he had gotten staph out of the blue bc of having extremely sensitive skin and all the moisture got inside the bumps he had. Definitely take her to the dr even if they just say its a normal diaper rash.
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 2:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• it could also be an allergic reaction. have you tried any new foods lately? make sure she sees a dr just to be on the safe side.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2009