pregnant and i never know what i want to eat

i'm about 5 months pregnant. since i've been pregnant, i haven't been eating as much as i usually did prior to my pregnancy. on top of that, i can never decide what i want to eat--literally. i'll sometimes crave something sweet for a small snack (chocolate pretzels, candy bar, etc..), but when it comes to meals, i can't decide for the life of me what i want to eat. nothing sounds appealing, and when given a few choices, i can't pick what i want. it's as if i lost all food-related-decision-making-abilities. am i just weird or could there be something wrong. should i bring this up with my doc? btw, this isn't just "sometimes", i can't figure out what i'm going to eat for every single meal, every single day. hubby is tired of asking "what do you want to eat" and my response is always "i don't know". i can't think about food and make a choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Me too! and it sucks! Just find something that you CAN eat and keep stocked on it. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• LOL You sound like me daily. I never know what I want to eat. I just usually pick something that I at least know I like. Weither I want it or not at least I still eat. I was the same way pregnant. My answer is ALWAYS I dont know.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:34 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I've been like that too during this pregnancy, and also still eating the same amount I did prior and I'm 34 weeks. I usually just stick with cereal or pb&j, rarely does the mood strike me to eat something different lol. I cook every night for the family so that's about the only meal that I eat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• same here i just stick to cereals and pastas and milk and coca cola an for a snack cool ranch doritios or cheeses cake with strawberrys and syrup on it like when i went out to dinner i love the lobster an spagettis so i get that all the time an i know it will sit well an full me up so go with what ever feels good at the time like i did haha a ice cream brownie sunday was dam good !!!!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• same here i look at food and im like i dont want any of it but i know i need to eat so i just pick something i know i can keep down and that i like and then im fine
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I was the same way with my first two and now this pregnancy as well. I was so looking forward to having cravings but never had them. I know I am hungry but never know what to eat!!

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2009