False Positive? But, I'm on BC!!

O...M...G... Here's the deal. I have a 6 1/2 year old, a 22 mo old, and an 8mo old. I have been on the Depo shot for 5 months (going for my next round of shots in early Jan)... something in the back of my mind says "take a test". So, I did. And it was positive. What??? So I took another one... but it was late at night and not the best time to test for most accurate results... and it was negative. So, I'm going to take another one today.... I figure two out of three, right?

So my q is - how likely is it to get a false positive while on the shot? I SERIOUSLY cant have another baby right now!! I'm scared....

MunchiesMom324

Asked by MunchiesMom324 at 7:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ha....I relied on depo and have an 18 month old and am 34 weeks with number 2. So...I say GO TO THE DOCTOR!
    Anonymous

• i was on depo to when i took a pg test and i got two false positive. they say sometimes that the horomnes that is in the depo can throw off a pg test. Instant message me if u want to talk more about it.
    Brit_89

Answer by Brit_89 at 8:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Have heard the thing bout the hormones throwing off the pregnancy test but I'd take a blood test @ your drs office asap. If one pee test is being thrown off by the hormones in the depo all the pee tests are gonna come back positive. Only way to know for sure is a blood test. If dr isn't open go to a clinic.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• One positive HPT is enough to go to the doc for me. I mean, if you get 2 neg and 1 pos, and then find out 4 months later that you ARE, you're going to feel bad.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 10:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Unless depo contains hcg, I would contact your doctor for a blood pregnancy test.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i would tell your dr and have them make sure my friend was on that and she got preg
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Go to the doctor and get a blood test. First positive test calls for this. False positives are RARE. No birth control is 100% unless you get sterilized and even then it isn't always 100%.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I know someone that was on it for 18yrs and never got pregnant, she said she always felt bloated or like she was pregnant on it but never was. Her kids are like 16 and 19 or something and ended up getting off the shot and got pregnant right away and didnt want to. She got off of it cause the way it made her feel. Her baby is like 1 now.
    Anonymous