Do you only see your in laws on Holidays?

I usually only see my inlaws on Holidays. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Mother and Father's day and Birthdays. They live 5 minutes from us. They never invite us over and if we invite them they always have an excuse.(sick or they got lost, love that one) I've come to grips with the fact that this is just the way it is going to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope. I see my MIL every week at least 3 times. My FIL we see when ever we have the money to go see them, they live 3 hours away, but it cost $40 in gas there and back
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I see my MIL pretty often. She lives about 10 minutes away. She has us over for dinner a lot, and I try to bring my son over to see her and her dog because he loves it there. My FIL (they're divorced) tries to come over every Saturday - but that doesn't always work for us. So he comes as many Saturday's as he can.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• if you have a nice mother and father in law then it might be a sad thing...if you don't, then don't bee too concerned :) lol hopefully they'll be there for the kids more, if anything!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• well the inlaws have been a part of our lives for about 2 years. first year was great, i lived with mil and participated in all family events. 2nd year ehhh. this year im avoiding her at all costs. she's toxic. the rest of his family is "ok" but if i see them i'll have to see her too, not happenin. they live about half an hour from us. yet to them it must be cross country because you won't ever see them here to visit. oh yea and she plays the favorite card with my sil's daughter, so i won't allow my kids to feel less significant by their dumbass grandma.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I wish! I see mine way more then I would like.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I wish, LOL! But actually I don't see them too much more than that. My DH takes the kids over there every other Sunday, but that is my one chance to have the house to myself or run errands without them since my DH works on Saturdays, so I don't usually go unless there is a special event. They almost never come to see us because of whatever reason. We used to live 10 mins away from then up until last year, then we moved and now we live 30 mins. away.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 9:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• TNM786: What does she do that is toxic? Just curious lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I see mine once every week to two weeks; we always have to go to their house because they are always "busy" when we invite them to ours; they just don't want to dirve the fifteen minutes it takes to get to our house. No skin off my back. She and I don't really see eye to eye on anything, and she always acts like I am just a carbon copy of her other dil, or treats us both like we are just kids playing house. We visit them for dh and dd's sake. If it were just me I probably would only see them at holidays, if then. I'm just cold like that.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009