a dumb question

ok so im pretty confused by this. we have a balance of 951 on our credit card and it says payment due 12/7. but it says minimum payment $0. so does this mean there is no minimum balance and the full 951 is due 12/7 or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• The credit card company is giving you a "break" on the payment. They are letting you not make a payment this month. Don't be fooled though, they are NOT giving you a break on the interest. If you don't make a payment, they are going to charge you interest on the whole amount and probably going to raise you interest rate to the maximum for not making a payment (because they can).
    Send in a payment, the maximum that you can afford!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• if you have been making payments, you might have over paid. Last month I paid 20 near the due date and I didn't have a minimum due that month. I would call the place and find out. But it could just be you paid close to the due date
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Don't let that fool ya though. Send in a payment otherwise your interest rate will go up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I agree with slw. Some companies give you a "break" during the month of December. I imagine it's so that you can spend more on Christmas? Or possibly because some people get fewer hours during the Holiday season? Who knows...
    Anonymous