18 and TTC Help...

i am 18 and ttc. i have a one year old girl and have been trying to concieve for 8 mos that way by the time im done with college i wont be pregnant and my husband and i want to have a couple of kids close together in age. it took me 2 years to concieve my daughter so it makes me nervous and it took my mom 13 years to have me....so i kind of feel like, maybe this was MY miracle baby? i hope not, i want at least 2 kids, so theyre not an only chile like iwas, even if it means adopting, but that would be a looong ways away, untill my husabnd gets his citizenship at least.i have tried everything i have ever heard of, sex at diff times of the day, his wearin boxers, his going commando (that didnt last long), tilting hips upward, ect. i heard something about taking robitussin *mucus?* is it true but would the medicine harm the fetus? Am I nuts? and tips on how else to get preggo.....please

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 8:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Calm down a little, it isnt going to happen if you are all worked up and stressed out! I can understand where you are coming from, sorta. I am 21 and my husband and I have started talking about having another baby (our son is 5) but it is going to take some time because I have been on birthcontrol for a long time. I am doing all my prereq's for nursing in 2010 and want to have a baby before I start the nursing program, because I want to focus on that and when I am finished with college I want to jump right into my career! Like said above if you are worried about not being able to get pregnant then go talk to a dr. Or I would suggest at first getting those ovulation tests and have sex when your ovulating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• go tot he dr for a pre-conception visit and talk to your ob/gyn. they will tell you if you don't get pregnant in six months they can start you on something to help you ovulate more. ovulating is the only way to get pregnant for sure with viable sperm. they told me this (i was already pregnant when i went for my pre-conception visit and didn't know it).
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• A. Be happy with the family you have now
    B. You are 18 years old, wait on having another kid
    C. It's hard going to college and raising a family
    D. Did I stress it enough to not have another one?

I'm NOT bashing you! i'm just saying live your life a little hon. you have one child, enjoy that one for now. And later have the second one. But all in all it's your choice. I dont' have any advice on how to get pregnant except start taking Pre natals they might help make you more fertile
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• You tried getting pregnant at 16 by a guy who's not even a legal citizen of the US? Seriously, don't have another baby. You won't finish school and your husband should get deported.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 18 with a one yr old.... so you were pregnant at 17.... took you 2 yrs to conceve.... so you started ttc at 15???

Trolly or idiot???????

I have a 15 yr old daughter.... there is NO WAY a 15 yr old should be ttc. That is simply wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 18? You are still a baby! Live your life before being more babies into this. Not bashing but how are you supporting yourself? Does DH have a job & benefit's? Or are you on assisstance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Sounds like you were 15 when u started ttc me too. tried of people bashing on you for? me too. f*** people they have no idea about you girl. Im 16 and me and my SO have been trying hard for a year now and nothing so we stoped trying think maybe it might happen on its own. these women say these things because there are hidden behind a computer screen. i think you should just keep trying. getting pregnant is one thing that you cant controll. If you want add me.=)
    I hope someone can help you out and not judge you any more.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 11:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Oh and its none of yalls business if she get assisstance. she asked if you could help not make her feel worse.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 11:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Anon :32 I am going into my last semester of nursing in January. Good career choice!

If you are happy and want another baby go for it! I would suggest seeing a dr for advice. Good luck!
    akl328

Answer by akl328 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• He has a full time job, we dont recieve assistance we did 2 years ago but that was under my mother and i have been working since i was 14 *legal age out here* and i want another baby BEFORE i start full-time work since i go to college via internet, which makes me able to be a sahm. my husband starts full time college+ his ft job in janurary.....jees. thanks for tha ppls suppoting me and imma use the ovulation tests......
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 2:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2009