How much do you spend a week on groceries?

I am seriously at a loss with this! Long story short, I've been living in China for 6 years and whenever I go back to the USA to visit my family (mom or dad) would pay the bills lol. This time i'm going back to stay in one of their houses but they won't be there so everything will be coming out of my pocket.
My S/O won't be able to get off work so it' s me and my two daughters for 6 weeks.
How much do you all spend on groceries a week?
I need to write out a budget before our trip and I really don't know how much this part will be!

mychinababy

Asked by mychinababy at 9:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We buy every other week. so for 2 weeks we spend about $300. for 2 people and a chihuahua.

Answer by louise2 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• About $150 a week depending on what I planned on making, and we eat out often so that doesnt even include that!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 9:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• we spend around 250-300 every 2 weeks, for a family of 3
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 9:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I have a family of five, and we spend at the most a hundred an twenty five dollars a week on groceries-sometimes much less than that. I can usually leave the store with a week's groceries for a hundred dollars. Just depends.
    celestegood

Answer by celestegood at 9:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Well we are a family of 6 and spend about 300 every two weeks. The best bet would be to sit down and plan out your meals so u get a rough idea of what you might be spending!
    constanceocean

Answer by constanceocean at 9:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• 150
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• i have a amily of 12 and we spend about 200-250 a week
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 9:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• We are a family of 4 and I spend about $135 a week. I buy enough for breakfast, lunch meat, etc and dinner for 4 nights. We usually have leftovers at least once or twice a week and eat out on Saturdays.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• There are three of us in the household and we spend about 200-250 depending on what we buy. We have to figure out how to make food last two weeks for two adults, one 11 month old and two cats. Usually the day before pay day is our worst day, because a lot of our food is gone. If it is around the holidays we will spend about another 100.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• $80-100 bi-weekly for family of five, including leftovers for SO's lunches 5 days a week, and everyone on weekends... we're also vegetarians, so if you plan on eating meat. $25 for meat products (if you spend wisely-also depending on the region you live in, and cost of living)... i also plan my weekly shopping on sales, and shop more than one place, and buy as much generic as i can (not all generic products are equal, but most are).
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2009