I want to put my dd in pagents

How do i get started? I live in ga.

Idahwalker1

Asked by Idahwalker1 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• You really want to start your daughter's life out by her believing all that she is good for is her looks? You seriously want to do that to a child? Why not enroll her in early education, science programs or math programs? This is the problem with women of the South... always believing they are good for nothing other than looks and sex.... too bad for your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• anyways....i think the "natural" pageants are okay but the "glitz" ones are a little weird.. google it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Pageants for young children are just plain wrong. They are all for the parent and not for the child. When your child is a teen, if she decides she wants to do pageants, then that's a different story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I hope you have lots of money. Being the most beautiful is expensive & hard on the self esteem , even at 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• well although these weren't the answers you were looking for, i also have to agree. natural pageants are OK, but ones where you make your daughter look more like she's 18 is wrong.
    I suggest you get your daughter into something educational or do something else.

Just remember when she says no i don't want to do it anymore, that means no!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Don't do it. NO child should be forced to do pagents. They should NOT be made to look like mini adults. Let them be children. Watch the pagent shows on TLC and you will see how it is all about the PARENTS not the children. Veneers for teeth to cover missing teeth, spray tanning, hair extensions. No way I would ever do that to any child of mine. I have seen kids have meltdowns and the parents tell them to stop and just get on stage and win.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Are you doing this because she totally wnats to or becuase YOU want her to? I think you should do what the PP's said enroll her in something else,or enroll her in the natural pagents.She's only 2,do you honnestly want her to look alot older then she is by piling pounds and pounds of make-up on her and have her parade around in a swimsuit? Why do you wnat to do that to the poor girl.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• OK here's the thing. My daughter has been in pageants but i dont consider myself a pageant mom. My daughter is 7 months old and has entered 2 pageants. I am NOT going to be one of those crazy moms you see on TODDLERS IN TIARAS or whatever it's called. If she wants to do them when she's older, she can do a few. But her life will not revolve around it. She won first place in both pageants and has 6 trophys to show for it. and i think she will appreciate that when she gets older. i know i would like to have trophies for being a beautiful baby! oh, and also, i didnt spend any money putting her into these pageants!
    Anonymous

• A trophy for beauty based on looks is no prize at all. Even if her life doesn't "revolve" around it, it's not good for any girl to be put in a situation so focused on looks. Why be proud of that? "Yay! I know how to make my lashes thick and long! I can walk in heels! My hair doesn't move! I'm so proud of myself!" Come on now.... Give her something that requires skill, talent, creativity, or thinking. Not being shallow and vein.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• I dont recall the OP asking for our opinions about her decision. She asked how does she get started and if we dont know then I dont suppose the question was ours to answer. I live in GA too and I see signs sometimes on the road for pageants, but how to actually find reputable ones, I dont know. If this is what you want for your daughter then fine, do some research and I hope it goes well for you.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2009